At a John Birch Society council dinner speech on March 9, 1974, society founder Robert Welch laid out what he called the “Insiders” long-range plans for the destruction of American sovereignty.
According to Wikipedia’s entry on Welch, his term “Insiders” referred to a cartel of globalist organizations including Bildeberg, the Council on Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commission, as well as international financial and big business families such as the Rothschilds and Rockefellers. In other words, it’s what is commonly referred to today as the New World Order: a powerful ultra elite perched on the tippy top of the pyramid and working furiously behind the scenes to bring about a totalitarian one-world government.
At that council dinner, Welch quoted himself from the John Birch Society’s founding meeting in 1958 — 55 years ago now — laying out ten steps to destroy America. “A part of that plan, of course, is to induce the gradual surrender of American sovereignty, piece-by-piece and step-by-step, to various international organizations — of which the United Nations is the outstanding but far from the only example,” he said.
Here are the ten steps Welch outlined:
- Greatly expanded government spending for every conceivable means of getting rid of ever larger sums of American money as wastefully as possible.
- Higher and then much higher taxes.
- An increasingly unbalanced budget despite the higher taxes.
- Wild inflation of our currency.
- Government controls of prices, wages and materials supposedly to combat inflation.
- Greatly increased socialistic controls over every operation of our economy and every activity of our daily lives. This is to be accompanied naturally and automatically by a correspondingly huge increase in the size of our bureaucracy and in both the cost and reach of our domestic government.
- Far more centralization of power in Washington, and the practical elimination of our state lines. There is a many-faceted drive at work to have our state lines eventually mean no more within the nation than our county lines do now within the states.
- The steady advance of federal aid to and control over our educational system leading to complete federalization of our public education.
- A constant hammering into the American consciousness of the horror of modern warfare. The beauties and the absolute necessities of peace, peace always on communist terms of course.
- The constant willingness of the American people to allow the steps of appeasement by our government that amount to a piece meal surrender of the rest of the free world and the United States itself.
Looking at the state of (post-9/11) America today — the perpetual War on Terror, empire building in the name of “humanitarian regime change” of democratically elected leaders in foreign countries, the Department of Homeland Security and its Transportation Security Administration goon squad, the National Defense Authorization Act and its ability to disappear American citizens suspected of terrorism without due process of law, Obamacare, the National Security Administration’s big brother surveillance state, the militarization of our police in an ever-expanding police state, the common core, the Federal Reserve’s runaway monopoly money printer and a nation hanging on the verge of economic collapse, the crackdown on food freedom — how accurate do you think Welch was in his predictions?